Vera Davie study and research bursary
This grant, funded through a bequest made by the late Mrs Vera Davie, serves to supplement funding for a UCT staff member to travel abroad for sabbatical study and research.
The bursary, managed through the URC, has a maximum value of R25 000.
Members of UCT staff on academic conditions of service, who will be proceeding abroad on study and research leave.
There is no application template for this funding opportunity but applications should include:
- a full curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- details of the intended programme of study and research
- a full motivation explaining the need for supplementary funding and providing the following information:
- travel costs
- subsistence costs
- direct subventions applied for and received
- any other information or variables for the Committee's attention
- the number of times an applicant has been on study and research leave, and brief details thereof.
Hard copies may be posted to the Research Office, 2 Rhodes Avenue, Mowbray or e-mailed to Research Funding (but not both). Please ensure that you receive an acknowledgement of receipt two days after the closing date.
Applicants please note: If you have not received confirmation that your application has been received within two days of the closing date, please contact the Research Office.
- The recipient should return to his/her post at the university for a period of at least 12 months from the completion of the leave for which the award is made.
- Should the award not be used in accordance with the conditions stipulated and for the purpose approved by the committee when awarding it, a portion of the whole of it, as determined by council, would have to be repaid.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.